These 2013 trends are nothing to bark at
Dvm360 put together a list of top trends they predict in 2013 for the animal health industry. They summed it up in three key points noted below – good information to continue to stay mindful of. You can read the entire story at dvm360.com.
1. The rise of the almighty pet owners: they’re more knowledgeable, influential and demanding than ever before.
- Spending on pets is at an all-time high: almost $53 billion in 2012, according to an estimate by the American Pet Products Association.
Veterinarians who succeed will figure out innovative ways to reclaim their role as the primary expert in all areas of their clients’ pet healthcare needs.
2. An increasingly digital world: increased use of mobile technology in the exam room.
- Exam rooms in 2013 will be chock-full of tablets, phones and clients getting information in new, innovative ways.
3. The search for balance: The next generation of veterinarians says… “We can be successful and have a life!”
- Seventy percent of respondents said they did not aspire to own a practice. The era of being on call 24 hours a day, ready to jump into action, may be over.