6 Steps To Boosting Your Instagram Profile
Instagram is a great way to connect with a young, tech-savvy audience… but how can you get that audience discover you? Here are six quick and easy steps for gaining Insta-followers:
-Instagram handle must appear on all of your brochures, flyers and business cards
-Hyperlink in your e-newsletters and ask those readers to start following you on Instagram.
2. Start a conversation. Like and comment on the photos of your existing followers. Interact with other Instagram users by following, commenting and “liking” their photos. It’ll bring extra attention to your account and help you gain followers.
3. Explore what’s trending. Increase engagement by using popular, trending hashtags. When you find some that are applicable to your business or brand, use them in your own posts. This is a great way to reach outside of your existing followers and connect with Instagram users around the world.
4. @mention followers. To “@mention” someone, you type @ followed by the username in a caption or comment ex: @LePoidevinMarketing
When you publish your photo, every Instagram user mentioned in the post becomes clickable. The user is notified they were tagged, and the tagged name leads your followers to that Instagram page. Showing interest or appreciation increases engagement with that follower and connects you to their followers.
5. Share exclusive content. Reserve certain photos and graphics for Instagram followers that aren’t posted on Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts. This makes your Instagram followers feel special and keeps them checking back for more.
6. Run a contest. Running a contest can help you quickly expand your reach:
-“Like to Win” contest: Simply ask for Instagram users to “like” an update.
-“Hashtag User Generated Content” contest: Create a contest-specific hashtag and ask participants to enter by sharing a photo or video using the contest’s hashtag.
Follow this plan, you’ll get Insta-likes and… eventually…you might be Insta-famous!